Friday, December 21, 2007

Lisa Jarnot - Song of the Chinchilla



Sarah and I make cameo appearances as voice actors in the beginning. I had to edit down my laugh, as it was 5,000 times louder than everything else in the video. The ever-sultry Will is reading from Jarnot's book Ring of Fire.

Vital Statistics (lovingly filled out by Will, who is a scholar of note):


Video length - 58 seconds

Best line/phrase - the dark arabian chinchilla of the / neutral zone with pears

Worst line/phrase - chinchilla of the pont neuf

Most apt piece of punctuation - the comma in "aperitif / chinchilla, lowing in the headlands of my mind"

Poetic school - Polypropylene Theism


The recent output at Daggled Mermaids can be likened to a Steinberger, between small slices of Jarnot, with a W.S. Merwin secret sauce. I had planned to sit on this guest contribution from Will a lot longer (to maintain the quality of the blog at some lazy time in the future), but I'm too exhausted from A Grammarian to record anything else right now. Next week, by the way, I'm going to mix all the Grammarian videos together into one longer and higher-quality chef d'oeuvre.

Thank you to all three of my guest readers! A brand new one will make her debut before Christmas (or she already has, if you've cheated and looked at my YouTube page).

No comments: